i got this as a forwarded mail. But one thing i didn’t understand was the explanation of how the Flash from the camera helped in conducting electricity. So after a bit of hunting around.. i found this.. so this is more like a true story… hmm … be careful with ur electronic equipment guys.. u will never know when it will turn up against u (upon misuse only…and at times ignorance)…
this is the more accurate explanation as to wat happened.,,
Subject: [ Important to read – how well educated we are on some issues]
Mr. Aditya Suresh Joshi, age 19, studying in 1st year of engineering, died in Keshvani Hospital, Mumbai. He was admitted in Keshavani Hospital as burned patient.
4 days back this boy had gone to Amravati (One of the district place
located in State of Maharashtra) on study tour. After their study was
over, he, his classmates & his teachers, all of them were standing on
"Badnera" railway station to catch the train. "Badnera" is the name of the railway station for "Amravati" city.As soon as they arrived on Badnera Railway station, many of them started taking pictures of their friends using "Mobile Phones" and/or "Digital Camera". One of them complained that, in his camera, he was not able to capture more number of friends in one frame. He was not able to catch the angle.. Another boy suggested that let’s climb on train boogie and take picture so that all of them can be accommodated in single frame.
At that there was one goods wagon (all of them were oil tankers) train
resting between 2 main railway lines.
Kumar Aditya climbed up oil boogie. Above his head, 40,000 volts
electrical line was passing through. As soon as he clicked the digital
camera? 40,000 volt current passed through the camera flash light to his camera and then from his camera to his fingers and then from his fingers to his body. All this happened within fraction of minutes. Next moment he was thrown from the top. His body was half burned on the spot.
At that time, his father (my friend) was traveling in Bangkok. His many
friends in Pune came to know about this via mobile SMS. They instantly
arranged air ambulance in Amravati and his burned body was brought to Keshavani Hospital, Mumbai. i was told that this is the best hospital in Mumbai. For 1 and 1/2 day or so he was talking to his relatives. When he was admitted to the hospital, at that time only, doctor informed his relatives that don’t keep great hopes. Because of lot of complex issues in half burned body? He died yesterday morning.
* Now how many of us are aware about this technological threats & dangers? Honestly, Kumar Aditya and his father was not aware. His
family was not aware.. Our entire friend circle of more than
12,000, we were not aware. Now should we call ourselves as fully
educated and fully knowledgeable people? Think of it. PLEASE AVOID
MOBILE PHONES ON PETROL OUTLETS. Please avoid talking on mobile
phones while driving. i also know many of my friends who do not
bother about this good suggestion and each one of them have opted
for "Chalta Hai Yaar Attitude". PLEASE AVOID TALKING ON MOBILE
PHONES WHILE THEY ARE IN CHARGING MODE. AVOID CHARGING MOBILE PHONES NEAR YOUR BED AND/OR NEAR WOODEN FURNITURE. AVOID MOBILE PHONES NEAR HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICAL LINES LIKE RAILWAY STATIONS AND USE FLASH LIGHTS. We all friends learned our lesson with loss of young life. Now Would You like to empower Your friends about this accident so as to avoid future accidents? We can save human life by empowering all the IT users who are in Your network? copies of this message and any attachments.
Taken from a forum discussing this topic. (THE EXPLANATION)
My dear friend, i can’t understand the human psychology… if you say to people “you will die if you do this", they won’t believe until you show them the death.
OK, as i said, the flash light is not a conductor of electricity, but the high tension line passing above our houses, or the railway lines have the power, capacity and tendency to attract any conducting object, because of the magnetic field generated due to the flowing current; and human body is a very good conductor of electricity… maybe this could be the reason… as i know many cases in which people die because they come near any high tension line, some may pull you even from 7 feet.
PROOF: I know this practically because my father himself is an Electricity Board Officer.
So my dear students, The lesson you get is-ELECTRIC LINES ARE NOT TOYS.
secondly, when i was around 15, i got a strong electrical shock while repairing my camera.(even when it had no batteries or other connection!) later i found out that it was because the cameras use high potential to generate flash light, and for this they use a high value capacitor, (and i don’t think i want to give the definition of capacitor.), and as i conclude, the current which passed through the digital camera of that unfortunate boy was because of the discharging of the capacitor while flashing and attracting the high amperes passing above. THE FLASH DID NOT ATRACTED THE CURRENT, it was because of the LC (inductor-capacitor) circuit and field generation.
PROOF: I am an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering student in 3rd year, and I’ve consulted my HOD about this topic. (I’ll give you his number if you ask!!)
So my dear students, the lesson you get is-NEVER REPAIR YOUR CAMERA BY YOURSELF. :fotncam: 😆 😆
I wanted to give some more examples about mobile phones, laptops and other electronic instruments but I am begging your pardon that i can not bother the very well educated members of font by “educating” them anymore. I have already given enough scientific theory (which many will find rubbish until they see my I-card, mark sheet, or until they meet Michael Faraday themselves).
And above all, the biggest gift to humans by human is GOOGLE.
Go to Google search, type hazards from technology, mobile, digital camera, electricity etc., and within microseconds you’ll get millions of results, which you can study at your leisure and pleasure.
And if you don’t wish to waste your precious time (as i am doing right now),then just read that locked topic again from a different point of view and be careful while using technology; as every coin has two faces(please don’t ask for its scientific proof yaar, don’t you have a coin??!!).
And at last if you really don’t want to understand the message of that topic then go ahead, India has already been populated terribly, and you will surely contribute in the welfare of the country. :thanks:
Thank you very much.
Better be safe, than be sorry.
*^~., A . T . H,.~^*